Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
715 McBride Blvd.
New Westminster, BC
Due to COVID-19, the Library space is closed, but we are still here for your questions!
Visit our COVID-19 Guide for details on services that we are still providing.
Using Ares is easy. Just a few steps, outlined below:
- Log in to Blackboard.
- Click on your class.
- Add a tool link to your course content menu (select "Ares Course Reserves"). You can rename this to a more appropriate name for your students such as Course Readings.
- If your class is face-to-face, then you will automatically be taken to Ares Course Reserves.
- Start adding items to your class.
- Give the Library a few business days to verify copyright compliance.
What is Ares?
Ares Course Reserves
Ares (Automated Reserves System) Course Reserves is a one-stop online resource for all electronic and physical course items (articles, books, videos, etc.) placed on reserve at JIBC Library.
Ares provides access to reserve readings and other course material to JIBC students and is a tool for instructors to organize and view reserve material requested and posted.
You can use the system even if you are not conducting any of your courses in Blackboard.
Advantages to using ARES:
- centralize your physical and electronic reserves access for students
- reserves material can be easily accessed on one site, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- submit physical reserve requests (books, personal book copies, DVDs, etc.) for your course(s)
- submit electronic reserve requests for articles, book chapters, audio, video and other materials
- link to JIBC Library online resources
- clone (copy) reserve items without having to resubmit individual requests the following class
- JIBC Library troubleshoots broken links and PDFs not found
- JIBC Library ensures copyright compliance for all posted items