Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the JIBC Library!
We are happy to offer some services even though the physical Library space is still closed.***
Contact us 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Close: Dec 24th at noon
Re-open: Jan 4th at 8:30 am
We continue to provide the following to all students, staff and faculty:
- eResources accessible at JIBC Library: Student Number & Password; or, Faculty/Staff network credentials.
- Reference assistance via email@example.com OR
- AskAway Chat
- Library instruction sessions for students, faculty and staff via webinar.
AskAway is staffed by librarians at post-secondary institutions in B.C. When you start an AskAway session, a librarian will chat with you in real-time.
Regular Hours (see Dec / Jan hours below)
Mon - Thurs: 9 am-9 pm
Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 11 am - 5 pm
Sunday: 10 am - 9 pm
Dec 2020 & Jan 2021
Closed: Sat Dec 12th & Sun Dec 13th
Open: 9 am - 5 pm Mon Dec 14th - Fri Dec 18th
Closed: Dec 19th - Jan 3rd
Open: 9 am - 5 pm Jan 4th - Jan 15th
Regular hours resume January 18th
Always check here for up-to-date info
Library during COVID-19
The Library space is closed but books and DVDs can be borrowed!
Requesting books and DVDs:
- Visit this page for information on eligibility: Borrowing
- Books can be requested through the online catalogue or by email
- DVDs can be requested by email
- Always include your full name, current address, phone number, and Student Number if applicable.
Pickup / Delivery Options:
- FREE MAILING SERVICE, return postage included (anywhere in Canada)
- PICKUP IN ATRIUM – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Restricted to people authorized to be on campus, including students and faculty with face-to-face classes
- CURBSIDE PICKUP – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- For people not authorized to be on campus; click on “Curbside Pickup and Return” tab above for more info
- Books & DVDs can be returned to the library book bin outside the 8th Avenue entrance
- In-person returns (atrium or curbside) can be arranged by appointment (604.528.5599 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Borrowers who choose the mailing option can use the return mailing label provided
- Borrowers who choose other pickup options may request a free prepaid mailing label and envelope to return items
Pick-up and drop-off times are available Mondays – Fridays, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, excluding holidays. A specific time is required. Please wait for confirmation from library staff.
NO LATE FEES WILL BE APPLIED TO OVERDUE BOOKS AND DVDS.
Search for your topic or title of interest in the Library Catalogue
When you have your list of results:
- Copy and paste the titles into an email to email@example.com OR
- Add items to your list and use the View List option to email the list to yourself OR
- Use the Request Item option
Free mailing & prepaid return label provided. Always ensure the Library has your current mailing address.
Arrange for curbside pick-up if you prefer.
Did you know? You can browse Nearby Items on shelf?
- Laptops & iPads - Students
- Students may borrow laptops overnight.
- Book ahead by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 604-528-5599.
- Students must arrange a specific curbside pick-up and drop-off time.
- Laptops, iPads and other equipment for classroom use - Faculty & Staff
- Use booking form on intranet.
- Include a specific time for pick-up and return between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
- We will confirm, via email, the exact times.
- We have a pick-up and return table located in the atrium to practice physical distancing.
- Encourage instructors to bring adaptors if they are using their own devices.
- If possible, instructors should bring their own PowerPoint remotes.
The Library’s curbside pickup and return is for borrowers who are not authorized to come on campus.
These borrowers are eligible for the free mailing service, but they may prefer to pick up their items, or return items that cannot be dropped off in the return bin (e.g. equipment).
Authorized borrowers such as students and instructors in face to face courses held at New West campus, and authorized JIBC staff and faculty, may continue to pick up and return by appointment in the atrium.
- Find the books and/or DVDs you wish to borrow (or email email@example.com for help).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the titles and call numbers of the items.
- Library staff will contact you to arrange a date and time for pickup.
- Pickup location is outside the 8th Avenue entrance, beside the Library return bin.
- Your items will be brought to you outside, on a cart, where you will pick them up.
This is used only for equipment or if items are too large to put into the return bin.
- Arrange date and time for return with library staff.
At this time, the printer/copier and desktop computers in the Library are not available.