Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Log in credentials
To access My Account you need a User ID and PIN.
- This is a specific User ID and PIN to our Library's lending system.
- This is NOT the same as the Username/Password used to access BlackBoard of our Library's eResources.
If you do not already have this information, please email us.
My Account Details
To log in, use click on either Log In or My Account
When do I use Log In or when do I use My Account for access?
Will keep you on the same page you are on after you log in, and give you access to My Account.
Will take you directly to your account after you log in.
Once you log in, you will see four tabs on the screen and the status of your account.
- Personal Information
In addition you will see a box on the right providing you with information regarding Your status.
Three sections under the Personal Information tab:
- Your name is listed (Last name, first name) along with your personal contact information.
- If any information is incorrect, please contact our library so that we can update your record.
- Used to change your PIN
- Remember to save your change by clicking on Update
- Change the default My Account tab to the one that you prefer your selection to default to:
- Personal Information, Checkouts, Holds, or Requests.
- Preferred List:
- Choose between No Default List and Temporary List.
- Recommend to choose Temporary List.
- Show my checkout history
- If you do NOT want your checkout history to be tracked and available for you to view UNCHECK the box.
- Remember to save any changes by clicking on Update.
Two section under the Checkouts tab:
- Provides detailed information on what you currently have checked out and if any item is overdue.
- Select Renew My Materials
- Select the item you wish to renew and click Renew Selected Items.
- You will be advised if your item is not eligible for renewal (already renewed or item has a Hold on it by another borrower).
Hold information displayed under this tab:
- Number of Holds you currently have.
- Pending, as the title is not yet available.
- Pickup or Mail
- Either JIBC Library (Pickup) or Canada Post (Mail) will be displayed.
- Defaults to no date.
- Users are unable to enter/change/modify the expiry date for a Hold.
- If you need to apply an expiry date to a Hold, as you need the material by a specific date, please email email@example.com with the hold information and required expiry date.
- Place in Queue
- Keeps you apprised as to you place in the Hold queue.
Actions that can be taken:
- Cancel Hold(s)
- Edit the Pickup location(s)
- Change from Main Library to Canada Post.
- Edit/Suspend Hold(s)
- If you are not going to be able to read the material when it is due to be sent to you (or if you are expected to be away for a while) you can suspend the Hold.
- The Hold will be suspended in the queue until you cancel the Hold Suspension.
- When you display the Hold, you will see a calendar icon beside the title.
- Hover over the title to see the suspension dates.
- Cancel Hold Suspension(s)
- This will then put the Hold back in the active queue.
Request information under this tab includes what you have submitted and the responses you have received from Library staff.
Requests are monitored daily by Library staff who will respond to each request with a Message (displayed under Requests).
||Requests responded to by Library Staff
To Edit a request:
- Select a request.
- Click Edit
- Enter the changes to your request.
- Click Submit.
To Cancel a request:
- Select a request.
- Click Cancel.
- Remember to click Yes, if you want the selected request cancelled.