Ares Course Reserves
Ares (Automated Reserves System) Course Reserves is a one-stop online resource for all electronic and physical course items (articles, books, videos, etc.) placed on reserve at JIBC Library.
Ares provides access to reserve readings and other course material to JIBC students and is a tool for instructors to organize and view reserve material requested and posted.
You can use the system even if you are not conducting any of your courses in Blackboard.
Advantages to using ARES:
- centralize your physical and electronic reserves access for students
- reserves material can be easily accessed on one site, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- submit physical reserve requests (books, personal book copies, DVDs, etc.) for your course(s)
- submit electronic reserve requests for articles, book chapters, audio, video and other materials
- link to JIBC Library online resources
- clone (copy) reserve items without having to resubmit individual requests the following class
- JIBC Library troubleshoots broken links and PDFs not found
- JIBC Library ensures copyright compliance for all posted items